For a PDF of my resume, contact me at email@example.com.
CHRISTIAN M. HERRERA
August 2012 – Present
Double Major: Journalism and Communication Studies with minor in Criminal Justice.
Dean’s List with 3.59 GPA
- Proficient in investigative and feature journalism, audio production, and photography.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as InDesign, WordPress, Audacity, and Photoshop.
- Trained for social media management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional public speaking skills.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
August 2013 – May 2014
The Huntingtonian; 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750
- Position: Arts and Entertainment Editor
- Responsibilities: Keeping the Arts & Entertainment section of the Huntingtonian.com fresh and current; generating articles, podcasts, graphs and photos for the Arts & Entertainment section of the Huntingtonian.com by receiving submissions and asking reporters and photographers to cover stories; making sure each story has at least one visual elements (a photo, graph, or video clip) for them; editing content to follow specific Writer’s Guidelines of the Huntingtonian, including leads, structure, headlines, blurbs and decks; copy editing for grammar and AP style; submitting edited stories and visual elements to the chief editor for final approval; posting approved stories when returned from the chief editor; designing the Arts & Entertainment section of the paper newspaper each issue on InDesign; reporting and writing at least one hard news story per semester, including visual elements; helping other section editors to alleviate uneven loads
August 2013 – December 2013
Enterprise Resource Center; 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750; (260) 359-4104
- Position: ERC Public Relations Correspondent
- Responsibilities: generating press releases on upcoming event to promote the ERC; writing profiles on students who have found success through the ERC; conducting interviews with students, campus faculty and staff; providing timely updates on performance with director of the ERC
June 2013 – August 2013
- Kevin Miller, Professor of Communication; 260-359-4278
- Josue Flores, Program Analyst; 312-835-2414
- Anita Abraham, Professional Registered Nurse; 224-616-1462
- Peter Flores, Spanish Interpreter; 224-239-7838